For all of my Whole Life Challenge followers who have been sweating over Super Bowl Sunday food temptations, I thought I’d provide us all with this little IN COMPLIANCE (*leaps for joy*) gem of a snack. Now you won’t have to totally feel left out from all of the cheesy, crunchy, pizza and wings goodness.
Nutritionals: Vegan, Paleo, WLC Compliant (all levels), gluten free, dairy free
This is another easy peasy, chop up some stuff, mix it together, and serve kind of recipe. Yay. There are no magical bells and whistles to this guac. It’s just clean and simple and delicious.
Alright, how to’s.
Chop up your jalapeno, tomato, onion and cilantro and set aside.
Next, the star of the show: the avocado.
If you don’t know how to properly remove the seed from an avocado, here’s how:
1. Cut your avocado in half and using your knife, stab the seed with the blade. Very violent. I know. These photos also kind of suck. I’m sorry. It was a rainy day and the lighting was terrible. I still wanted guac though, so you get poorly lit instructional photos. Better luck next time.
2. Lift the seed out of the avocado with your knife. It should just pop right out on your knife. Like this.
3. Easy as pie…or guac? Now, just scoop out the green goodness out with a spoon and dump it in a bowl for the next act.
Next, use a potato masher to mash up the avocado.
Add your jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro and mix them in with your avocado mash. If you don’t dig onions, leave some out or mince them super small. They add a lot of flavor, so unless you want to barf when you eat them, try to leave at least a few in.
Here comes a really bad photo, but it shows you everything mixed in. I promise the avocado was green and bright and beautiful. Rainy days in Vegas suck for food photography. Luckily that doesn’t happen often here.
Taste it. Mmmmmm. Now, add the lemon juice and salt. Taste again and add more if you feel like it needs more. Once you’ve reached perfection for your taste buds, serve it up!
Get excited. You and your dinner party, football party, work pot-lucks are going to love this tasty green stuff. Maybe even your kids.
And…Last but certainly not least, if you make this delish dish, snap a photo and share it with me on twitter (@Tummyhasahappy) or instagram (@mytummyhasahappy) with the hashtag- #mytummyhasahappy
I love to see what turned out in your kitchen!
- 3 Avacados
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup purple onion, chopped
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tsp salt
- De-pit avocado and add to mixing bowl
- Mash avocado with potato masher
- Add chopped jalapeno, tomato, onion, cilantro to avocado mash
- Mix with spoon until all ingredients are dispersed evenly
- Add lemon juice and salt
- Mix with spoon until dispersed evenly
- Taste and add more salt/lemon juice if needed