Ok, so if you’re doing the Whole Life Challenge, you can basically disregard this post until after March. However, if you’re looking to lose some points on Super Bowl Sunday, these little puppies are pretty damn delicious. And easy. Did I mention easy? Everyone loves an easy appetizer that cuts minimal time in to the game watching and beer drinking Holiday that is Super Bowl Sunday (aka, the saddest and happiest day of any football lover’s year).
So, head on down to the store and grab yourself some crescent rolls, cream cheese, and jalapenos. Oh, and bacon. If you want. But who doesn’t want to? (I didn’t use it this time, but would have had I had it in my fridge at the time) I prefer to use the organic crescent rolls from Sprouts or Whole Foods, but I was short on time and broke down for convenience and got the Pillsbury roll out, uncut crescent roll dough.
Unwrap your cream cheese and plop it in to a medium sized bowl of your choice. <plop>
Chop up your jalapenos (and bacon if you like) and add those in to your cream cheese bowl.
Now, mix them all together.
Tear away the paper wrapper on the crescent rolls to open them while trying not to jump when you hear the POP. I’ve never not jumped. My husband loves it. Clear your anxiety from the unexpected pop with a sip of wine and roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface (or spray it with some oil).
Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut about 2″ by 2″ sections out of your dough.
Missed taking photos of both of those steps. Ooooppsss.
Dollop some of your cream cheese/jalapeno mixture in the center of the square and fold the sides up like a wonton, making sure to pinch the dough and fold it over so there isn’t a way for any cheese to leak out in the oven. Place them on a greased cookie sheet as you go.
Totally thought those photos were better when I took them. Moving along. . .
repeat. repeat. repeat…..until all of your dough and cheese is gone.
Pop them in the oven at 375 degrees until the edges begin to brown–about 10 mins or so.
Enjoy! These are really yummy and are usually gone before I can even blink!
And…Last but certainly not least, if you make this delish dish, snap a photo and share it with me on twitter (@Tummyhasahappy) or instagram (@mytummyhasahappy) with the hashtag- #mytummyhasahappy
I love to see what turned out in your kitchen!
- 4 jalapeños
- 1 Package cream cheese (8oz)
- 1 Package Crescent Rolls
- Chop jalapeños in to small bits
- Mix cream cheese and jalapeños together in medium mixing bowl until well combined
- If using uncut crescent roll dough, cut dough in to approximately 2" by 2" squares. If using cut crescent roll dough, cut triangles in half.
- Spoon cream cheese and jalapeño mixture on to center of each single piece of dough.
- Fold dough, covering all cheese and pinching ends to ensure no cheese leakage in the oven
- Place poppers on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake according to crescent roll package instructions for about 10 mins or until the poppers begin to brown on top.